The New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA) announced REV Connect ‘17, a one-day state-sponsored event to bring together New York’s electric utilities and technology companies to create new business models and energy solutions to benefit New York electricity consumers. The event will build on the progress of New York’s Reforming the Energy Vision (REV) strategy to build a clean, resilient and affordable energy system for all New Yorkers.
Attendees will hear from electric utility executives, as well as thought-leaders across multiple industries, on topics such as innovation and building new business models through partnerships between utilities and consumer service providers that can transform the energy landscape. REV Connect ’17 will also encourage new business structures and transformative projects that advance distributed energy resources like solar and energy storage, smart grid innovation and the inclusion of third-party service companies that can deliver added economic value to customers across New York State.
Alicia Barton, President and CEO, NYSERDA, said, “The transition to clean and distributed energy resources envisioned by Governor Cuomo’s REV strategy will require new and innovative business models. This event brings utility executives and industry thought leaders together to continue the necessary conversations needed to build upon the progress New York has already made under REV.”
John Rhodes, Chair of the New York State Public Service Commission, said, “The rapid development of REV means that customers and utilities need new solutions, and REV Connect ’17 is a critical opportunity to collaborate on the most-promising solutions. REV is building a cleaner, more affordable, and more resilient energy system for all New Yorkers, thanks to forward-thinking partnerships between state policymakers, energy developers, customers and utilities and I expect even more from REV Connect ’17.”
Featured speakers include:
• Richard Kauffman, Chairman of Energy & Finance for New York State
• Alicia Barton, President and CEO, NYSERDA
• John Rhodes, Chair, New York Public Service Commission
• Ganesh Bell, Chief Digital Officer, GE Power
• Anne Pramaggiore, President & CEO, ComEd
• Jan Vrins, Managing Director, Global Energy Practice, Navigant
Some key highlights of the program include:
• Innovation Inspiration -- Morning sessions will feature a fast-paced lineup of disruptors from a variety of industries—from banking to telecommunications—with parallels to the market disruption happening in the utility industry.
• Roll up Your Sleeves -- Dive deep and collaborate with industry peers during an afternoon workshop to produce real ideas for business models that advance REV goals.
• Toward Partnerships -- During the closing panel, utility executives will discuss top ideas from the workshop and share insights into how they approach innovative business opportunities.
For pricing information and to register, visit the REV4NY website. Early bird registration ends August 11, 2017.
REV Connect | http://www.ny.gov/REV4NY
NYSERDA | http://www.nyserda.ny.gov