US Wind, Inc. ("US Wind") was honored with the 2021 Best Practice Award during the Maryland Minority Contractors Association's virtual awards ceremony on November 19.
Jeff Grybowski, US Wind's CEO, accepted the Best Practice Award on behalf of the company, which honors developers who display exemplary performance in reaching out to minority and women-owned businesses.
"I am humbled and extremely grateful to accept the Maryland Minority Contractors Association's Best Practices Award on behalf of US Wind," said Grybowski. "Our company is committed to giving minority-owned businesses meaningful opportunities to participate in our projects. I am confident that, by partnering together, we can all find real economic benefits in this new clean energy economy."
"From the hiring of a best-in-class outreach team to the development of a robust MBE development plan, US Wind has demonstrated a commitment to consistent, continuous, and meaningful outreach in Maryland," said Pless Jones, Sr., President of the Maryland Minority Contractors Association. "Their efforts to share information about the skills and work streams necessary to build its projects, along with the training and certifications needed to participate, are sure to increase opportunities for our members."
The Maryland Minority Contractors Association, Inc. is a non-profit Maryland corporation composed of minority and women business groups and individuals within the state of Maryland designed to mentor its membership with over 150 years of collective contracting experience. Its virtual awards program recognized 10 Maryland leaders and businesses for their demonstrated and continued commitment to supporting the success of small, minority, and women-owned businesses.
Complete List of 2021 Maryland Minority Contractors Association Winners
· Martin Manesu CEO, Ram Supply Company - "Supply Company of the Year" Award.
· Jayson T. Williams CEO, Mayson-Dixon Companies - "MBE/LGBT Company of the Year" Award.
· Leitie Cobb-Gibson, Harkins Builders, Inc. - "Minority Outreach" Award.
· Chauncey Whitehead, Certified Fitness Professional, "20th Anniversary in Health and Fitness Services".
· Tia Perry, Director of Inclusion, Diversity, and Equity - "Professional Commitment" Award.
· Tiana Wells-Lawson, Commercial Relationship Manager, Fulton Bank - "Majority Partner" Award.
· Pless Jones Jr. & Elizabeth Jones, CEO & President, P&J Contractors Company, Inc. - "New Leadership" Award.
· Donald C. Fry, President - Greater Baltimore Committee - "Minority Advocate" Award.
· Jeffrey Grybowski, US Wind - "Best Practices" Award.
· Rebecca Pena, CPCU, AFSB, Risk Strategies - "Professional Commitment" Award
US Wind is the only offshore wind company in America exclusively focused on developing clean energy and jobs for Maryland. In 2014, the company acquired an 80,000-acre federal lease area off the coast of Maryland. In 2017, the company was awarded Offshore Renewable Energy Credits (ORECs) from the state of Maryland for its MarWin project. The passage of Maryland's Clean Energy Jobs Act in 2019increased the state's offshore wind energy requirements, calling for an additional 1,200 MW to be procured from developers with projects near the state's coast. In 2021, US Wind submitted its vision to fully satisfy Maryland's offshore wind goals with the full buildout of Momentum Wind. Momentum Wind will also bring steel back to Baltimore via Sparrows Point Steel, a new steel fabrication facility to be built in conjunction with Momentum Wind at Tradepoint Atlantic in Sparrows Point, Maryland.
US Wind | https://uswindinc.com